Real Mermaids Don’t Wear Toe Rings
Jade is a teen who navigating her path into youmg adulthood with new relationships, challenges to her old ones, and a rescue mission like she’d never imagined!
- The tone of the story and voice of the narrator were cute and optimistic despite some of the difficult issues that the protagonist faced.
- The mermaid lore was interesting and had a cool scientific basis.
- The protagonist drive the plot for the entire book, and the romance was secondary to her family and close friend which showed strong priorities.
- It was a quick read with no fluff! The author streamlined the information necessary to the story so well that I never felt bored.
- The main character’s growth reminds me a bit of Georgia’s from Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging.
- This was definitely created for YA readers at the younger ages of this readership. I still enjoyed the book, but it was a bit too close to a middle grade read for my taste.
- The audiobook performance was good overall, but some of the voices were too similar or made no sense.