After years of unspeakable tyranny and incredible military power, the Republic of America is changing. June and Day must navigate this transforming landscape through war, life-threatening illness, and tragic romance.
- The human element and action were well-balanced.
- Lu maintained the incredible world that she built in the previous two books of the series.
- There was constant tension, and the action was paced well.
- Lu established a clear arc for the series and each character while still creating satisfying endings to each individual story.
- The ending nearly brought tears to my eyes. It was written with a great deal of emotion and realism in spite of the dystopian elements of the world.
- I was just sad that it was over.