The Sleeper and the Spindle
A queen and her dwarf companions travel to a nearby kingdom to free the sleep-cursed princess and save her subjects from the spreading magic plague!
- The tone and voice fit the fsirytale perfectly.
- The setting and worldbuilding were imaginitive and incorporated perfectly without detracting from the story.
- The threads woven between this classic tale of Sleeping Beauty and Snow White made this an excellent retelling. And I Gaiman’s take on the sleepers.
- Overall, this was entertaining, beautifully illustrated in print, and perfectly performed (with a full cast) in the audiobook.
- I just wish that it was longer.