Dan and his new friends at a summer program in a rehabbed asylum find out quickly that their studies won’t be as scary as the former patients or as difficult as just surviving among the secrets of Brookline.
- Several of the scenes were truly spooky, and the mystery kept the story interesting.
- The romance was pretty cute.
- The sculptor was a fun and creepy character.
- Some of the dialogue felt inauthentic. It lacked appropriate vernacular.
- Jordan’s strange behavior was never explained.
- Dan’s previous dissociations weren’t really explored, and I didn’t like that we never finds out if he actually had a family link. Maybe these issues will be explored in book 2.